Sr. Systems Engineer
Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland | Direct Hire
TriMech Services is an engineering resource provider specializing in the placement of qualified technical candidates for both temporary and direct hire opportunities. TriMech Services offers a unique approach to matching the specialized skillsets of our candidates to the engineering specific industry.
Position: Sr. Systems Engineer
We’ re looking for a Sr. Systems Engineer, with hands on practical experience with Windows Server, Linux, Cisco and Brocade networking equipment, firewalls, Puppet, virtualization solutions (VMware), and server hardware. The ideal candidate has a proven ability to lead, help the customer develop the best possibly requirements, and an
ability to utilize a team to help make those requirements into reality. An ability to work well with people is critical, as well as an ability to be able to be that person in government spaces able to wade through everything and get things done.
- Develop requirements and specifications for IT systems. Analyze, evaluate, document, and make recommendations on the merits of proposed systems development projects.
- Provide customer support services for IT equipment, software, systems, interfaces and networks. Investigate, analyze, and evaluate reported problems in system software, applications software interfacing, and/or IT equipment to isolate causes of malfunctions.
- Install, configure, and maintain operating systems or segments of a system environment including systems servers and operating systems software on which applications programs run. Ensure high reliability and optimal availability of applications.
- Monitor performance problems on servers and network equipment. Manage the backup/restore program for network files. Manage public area on servers ensuring administration of proper access rights.
- Optimize the functionality of networks and systems; and diagnose and recover failed systems.
- Provide Network Engineering support to ensure the Network maintains an up-time sufficient to meet the required 90% Operational Availability (AO).
- Systems Engineering of DoD command, control, communications, and intelligence (C3I) systems.
- Analyzing needs, deriving system-level requirements, and contributing to the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of computer networks and systems.
- Must be willing to work at Aberdeen Proving Grounds (relocation assistance available).
- Bachelor' s degree and 8 years of related experience with Systems Engineering. Additional experience may be used in lieu of a degree.
- Security+ Certification – Must be earned within six (6) months of hire date.
- Industry certifications such as Microsoft, Cisco, and VMware
- Experience with PowerPoint, Excel, DRA, Active Directory, SharePoint and Visio
Location: Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Potential for Teleworking: No
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI