Greensboro, North Carolina | Direct Hire
Engineering Technician (Solidworks Designer)
Engineering Technician- Trench Safety
The Engineering Technician possesses technical knowledge and skills related to the field of engineering. This position is responsible for assisting Engineers in design work by producing computer-aided drawings and other production documents.
Provide technical support to the Engineering Department when creating shoring, shielding, and other structural support systems for site-specific trench and excavation projects. Produce computer-aided shoring design plans and other technical drawings for assigned projects:
- Assist Engineers with the analysis of structural support systems and the production of engineering drawings and design calculations;
- Draft site-specific conceptual drawings when required for project bids;
- Draft shoring plans & revisions to shoring plans for site-specific design projects;
- Draft shop drawings & details for equipment fabrication and/or modifications;
- Maintain drawing catalog for all engineering designs that are produced.
- Communicate with salespeople and operations personnel on design projects regarding shoring options and equipment availability.
- Act as a liaison between Engineer and branch personnel to help gather necessary project information.
- Assist Engineer to determine best design solutions.
- Associate Degree in Engineering Technology or High School Diploma with related experience required
- SolidWorks Experience is a must
- Familiarity with basic engineering design concepts using structural steel
- Ability to connect drawings into assemblies
- Familiarity with basic graphical design concepts
- Minimum 1 year of experience in an engineering, construction, or similar work environment.
- Basic understanding of computer operations and familiarity with drafting concepts.
- Must be able to effectively work independently, as well as within a team environment.
- Must be able to prioritize work and effectively manage time and multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work with Engineers to conceptually plan and graphically depict shoring system design
TOP 5 MUST HAVES
- SolidWorks Experience
- Intelligence and ability to communicate well with a team
- Critical thinker able to pick up a process mid way through a project/ability to handle curveballs in design/production
- From a fast paced environment
- 2 year degree preferred
NICE TO HAVES
- Knowledgeable of the OSHA Excavation Standard 1926 Subpart P. and related standards;
- SWX Certification