Sheet Metal Mechanic
Abington, Maryland | Direct Hire
TriMech Services is a Veteran Owned Small Business with 12 years of proven experience providing specialized consulting services to support Military and Defense related contract efforts in the engineering field. We are currently looking to hire a full-time Sheet Metal Mechanic to support our current Rapid Prototyping efforts at APG, MD.
The Sheet Metal Mechanic supports the design, development and fabrication of communications systems, sub-systems, components, installation kits, and systems-of-systems for integration into ground-based, vehicular, shelter, airborne, watercraft, soldier and dismounted platforms, both tactical and non-tactical, and into fixed and re-locatable sites.
- Four (4) year apprenticeship program and two (2) years experience as a Journeyman Sheet Metal Mechanic or
- Have minimum of eight (8) or more years experience working as a Journeyman Sheet Metal Mechanic.
- Able to set-up and operate the full range of sheet metal tools found in a well-equipped prototype development shop.
- Be able to work from engineering design drawings and technical specifications.
- Perform mathematical calculations involving use of plain and solid geometry and principles of measurement.
- Work with various thicknesses of aluminum, steel alloys, stainless steel, copper, brass and other ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
- Knowledge of Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) programming is required.
- Works independently, with minimal supervision.
- Experience in the manufacture of communications-electronics or military systems.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: SECRET
PRIMARY LOCATION: Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
SCHEDULE: Full time