QA Lab Technician -
Richmond, Virginia | Contract
TriMech Services, a provider of specialized technical recruiting services, is currently hiring for Laboratory Technicians with 2-3 years of practical lab experience. Candidates will have completed a degree in chemistry, biology, and related field.
- Mandatory Skills: Bachelor degree in Chemistry, Biology, or other sciences or equivalent experience required.
- At least 3-5 years of previous lab experience or demonstrated proficiency in laboratory analytical techniques.
- Experience in Gas and Liquid Chromatography, wet lab procedures, and statistical concepts are preferred.
- Excellent oral, written, and computer skills are required. Demonstrated skills in analytical testing, leadership, and ability to work independently.
- Must be able to climb steps, lift materials up to roughly 50 pounds
Preferred(Not Required) Experience:
- Experience with Gas Chromatograph, Viscometer, and other lab equipment.
- Candidate is expected to perform instrument calibrations, verification' s, and troubleshooting to assure that quality system requirements are met or exceeded
- Must be able to plan, prioritize, and execute work activities to ensure completion of sampling and testing requirements
The position will be B (3pm -11pm) or C (11pm - 7am) Shift. So needs to be flexible and able to train on A (7am - 3pm) Shift, but will go to B or C on a regular basis after training.
12 month plus contract position