Winchester, Virginia | Direct Hire
TriMech Services is an engineering resource provider specializing in the placement of qualified technical candidates for both temporary and direct hire opportunities. TriMech Services offers a unique approach to matching the specialized skillsets of our candidates to our clients engineering specific requirements.
Project Engineer Description:
The Project Engineer’ s primary responsibility is to work with customers and their designs, so injection mold tooling can be built to manufacture the product. This work may include improvements and modifications to parts already in production. Project Engineering supports manufacturing activities with designs, documentation, hands-on training, and troubleshooting.
Project Engineer Responsibilities:
- Estimate costs of tooling, molded parts, and manufacturing processes.
- Develop efficient part, fixture, and tool designs.
- Create documentation to clearly define part and tooling requirements.
- Work with domestic and offshore suppliers to get parts, tools, and equipment built to specification, delivered on schedule, and priced economically.
- Help customers refine their product for manufacturing and keep them informed about the project status. Collect and deliver information to all levels of personnel.
- Design, document, and evaluate manufacturing processes.
- Operate and maintain 3D printing equipment.
- Develop and refine business processes utilizing ERP and PDM systems.
Project Engineer Requirements:
- Education – Bachelor’ s degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experience – Five or more years in a plastics manufacturing environment, preferably injection molding.
- Knowledge of plastic assembly processes, packaging, automated painting, and robotics a plus.
- Experience directly or indirectly managing personnel on projects is a plus.
- Experienced SolidWorks user strongly preferred. PDM, SolidWorks Plastics, and FEA a plus.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
- Project Management – Understanding of Gantt charts and managing multiple activities.
- Meet or exceed quality and ISO standards.
- Experience using and implementing ERP systems.
- Knowledge of database, project management, and labeling programs a plus.