Project Design Engineer - Mechanical
Roanoke, Virginia | Direct Hire
TriMech Services is an engineering resource provider specializing in the placement of qualified technical candidates for both temporary and direct hire opportunities. TriMech Services offers a unique approach to matching the specialized skillsets of our candidates to our clients engineering specific requirements.
Project Design Engineer Responsibilities:
· Manage product development projects within budget and schedule requirements.
o Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans.
o Determines and assigns project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements.
o Develops, maintains and manages project schedule, calculating time requirements and sequencing project elements.
· Create conceptual designs and detailed designs for parts and assemblies.
· Confirms product performance by designing, performing and documenting engineering type tests.
· Specify components and assemblies using 2D drafting and 3D modeling software and text descriptions.
· Create BOMs and generate production serial test requirements.
· Research and select suppliers. Maintain supplier relationships.
· Maintain and improve existing product lines. Review and judge non-conformances. Evaluate and implement suggestions and requirements from suppliers, customers and manufacturing.
· Prepare and maintain product literature.
Project Design Engineer Qualifications:
· Bachelor’ s degree in Engineering strongly preferred
· minimum 5 years experience working in an engineering product development project management environment
· minimum 7 years solid modeling experience; SolidWorks a plus
· 7+ years design experience
· Time management and organizational skills a must.