Peabody, Massachusetts | Direct Hire
Precision Machinist I
The Precision Machinist I is responsible for the manufacture and inspection of high precision products of varying complexity, under limited supervision. This person will also be responsible for the quality and quantity of work performed.
- Set up and operate various types of CNC lathes and/or machining centers in accordance with company policy, procedures and time standards. Okuma and Mori Seiki machines currently used.
- Perform various repetitive machining operations primarily on production work or tooling
- Machine precision products from drawings under minimal supervision and in accordance with established procedures using the ability to read and interpret drawings, sketches and work instructions.
- Operate various types of machinery, CNC milling, turning and CNC or manual gear making equipment following established procedures
- Setup tools to precise tolerances in accordance with established procedures.
- Transmit or receive CNC program information, maintain computerized or manual records as required.
- Inspect own work
- Perform other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to multitask in an accurate, timely and organized fashion
- Ability to work with colleagues in a professional and cooperative manner
- Understanding of the importance of customer service
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Computer savvy
- Detail oriented
- Team player
- High School diploma - some college preferred
- Technical or vocational school background is helpful
- 5-10 Years in a Manufacturing environment
- Visual acuity (corrected) to read directions and prints and to inspect machined parts closely to ensure that they meet specifications.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate machinery for precision work.
- Physical ability to do work requiring frequent stooping, bending, squat, kneel, bend or twist and lifting.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, move about the shop floor, talk, hear, bend and reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds Ability to squat, kneel, bend or twist