Motor Design Engineer
Bristol, Connecticut | Direct Hire
TriMech Services is an engineering resource provider specializing in the placement of qualified technical candidates for both temporary and direct hire opportunities. TriMech Services offers a unique approach to matching the specialized skillsets of our candidates to our clients engineering specific requirements.
Motor Design Engineer Essential Functions
Motor Design Engineer Responsibilities
- Product design and performance
- Structural Anaylsis
- Rotor dynamics analysis of rotating components to determine critical speeds and deflection of rotating assemblies.
- Computational Fluid Dynamics for the understanding of thermal loading of parts, including conductive and convective heat transfer.
- Design and Drafting requirements to provide 2D detail for purchase and manufacturing of components and assemblies.
- Execute performance testing protocols and help evaluate results along with field feedback
- Support product quoting activities. Determine applicability of existing products, develop cost effective modifications to similar designs, and develop new products to support growth.
- Develop bills of materials and product costing using various design and product data management tools (Solid Works, EPDM) and Enterprise Resource Planning (Visual) systems.
- Assure accurate transfer of engineering data into the ERP system.
- Assist or lead teams in problem identification, correction, and verification.
- Participate in Kaizen events to improve value stream
Motor Design Engineer Education / Experience
BSME with a minimum of 5 to 7 years of product design
- Reasonable knowledge of the various manufacturing processes used in motor production.
- Experience with 2D and 3D CAD systems (Solid Works, preferred)
- Experience with 3D CAD simulation for mechanical analysis (SolidWorks Simulation preferred)
- Good understanding of standard design and drafting practices, geometric tolerance
- Knowledge of material sciences
- Ability to work independently with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proven analytical skills
- Proficient knowledge and use of MS Office Suite
- Experience in a LEAN environment a plus
- Some travel may be required