Medical Device Engineering Manager
Long Island, New York | Direct Hire
TriMech Services is an engineering resource provider specializing in the placement of qualified technical candidates for both temporary and direct hire opportunities. TriMech Services offers a unique approach to matching the specialized skillsets of our candidates to our clients engineering specific requirements.
Medical Device Engineering Manager:
Medical Device Engineering Manager Overview :
Dynamic design engineer with 10 years experience in product engineering and development, including 5 years with Medical Devices and 5 years of engineering management experience. The ideal candidate will be a versatile and dynamic electronic design engineer, capable with analog, digital and mechanical design.
Engineering Manager Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- hands on product design and development of electronic and electro-mechanical devices
- project scheduling/tracking for the engineering group, coordinate, manage and mentor department juniors
- interface with production to provide manufacturing & continuation engineering resources
- interface with regulatory to schedule and support testing
- assist with patent related processes and the analysis of intellectual property
- effectively manage multiple complex tasks with excellent attention to detail. Investigate new technologies, projects, systems and/or approaches, advise management regarding feasability and technical risk.
- conversant with CAD methods
- must be fluent in 60601, CE and MDD regulations
- Other Duties May Be Assigned
Must have proven knowledge of the entire medical device product development process, including specification development, documentation, regulations and quality assurance.
Engineering Manager Qualifications:
- Minimum four-year bachelor’ s degree from an accredited college or university in electrical engineering
- 10 years related experience and/or training
- Self-motivated, energetic, dependable, honest & thorough
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Strong planning, organizational, analytical, communication & networking skills are required
- Must have working knowledge SolidWorks, AutoCad and use of Excel