Poughkeepsie, New York | Direct Hire
TriMech Services is an engineering resource provider specializing in the placement of qualified technical candidates for both temporary and direct hire opportunities. TriMech Services offers a unique approach to matching the specialized skillsets of our candidates to our clients engineering specific requirements.
Mechanical Engineer Description:
Engineer will be expected to customize vertical conveyor design in SolidWorks or AutoCAD, according to customer specification. Apply knowledge of engineering principles to design products such as engines, sheet metal fabrication, internals and controls ect. Engineer will not be responsible for R&D or creation of new design of vertical conveyors. Engineer will be involved in project management, fabrication, operation, application, installation and or repair of mechanical products. Engineer must be willing to assume responsibility and take initiative to resolve issue(s) and should be familiar with a variety of the field' s concepts, practices, and procedures. Must have a proven track record using precise judgment in planning and accomplishing goals and be able to perform a variety of complicated tasks using a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
MECHANICAL ENGINEER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Using AutoCAD and SolidWorks design clients conveying equipment and associated machines or structures according to customer specification, with supervision from Senior Engineer, Master Draftsman and Sales Manager
- Interpret engineering sketches, specifications or drawings in a team environment
- Design, develop, implement and test for manufacturing process industrial machinery
- Prepare specifications, designs or sketches for machines, components or systems
- Provide technical support to other employees, customers and partners regarding mechanical design, fabrication, testing or documentation
- Document technical design details
- Create models of engineering designs or methods
- Research industrial processes or applications
- Oversee, monitor or inspect mechanical structures in house and for customers
- Collaborate with Senior Engineer and Productions Supervisor for equipment inspection schedules, reliability schedules, work plans and procedures
- Retrieve, create or review technical documents for all related equipment.
- Collaborate with senior engineer and sales in preparing budgets, proposals and purchase orders and or reports
- Conduct statistical studies for analysis and comparison
- Advise customers on use of products according to the maintenance manual
- Evaluate customer and employee specifications to determine technological implications
- Assist engineering and other employees in preparation of technical documentation
- Identify new applications for existing technologies
MECHANICAL ENGINEER JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Candidate must have a BS in engineering and 2-6 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Candidate must have experience using SolidWorks, MS Excel, MS Word and MS Outlook, SolidWorks PDM and MS Project a plus. Clean driver’ s license and valid passport is mandatory. Engineer reports directly to Senior Engineer and President. Pre-employment drug screen and background check are standard operating procedures.
Technical knowledge in the Processing Industry, preferably conveying systems is important but not necessary. Ability to read blueprints is a must. Basic knowledge of electrical and pneumatic controls is expected. Attention to detail, above average organization skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills. Secure in presentations in front of from 10-20 or more attendees, availability to travel 20% of the time or more. Maintain high ethics and have great interpersonal skills and is a team player. Being adaptable and resourceful to handle the inevitable issues that may arise. Spanish/multilingual is a plus but not required. The hire must pass a background screen prior to being employed.