New Bern, North Carolina | Direct Hire
TriMech Services is an engineering resource provider specializing in the placement of qualified technical candidates for both temporary and direct hire opportunities. TriMech Services offers a unique approach to matching the specialized skillsets of our candidates to the engineering specific industry.
MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER - SOLIDWORKS
The Mechanical Design Engineer will focus on mechanical components and systems and coordinate engineering functions in the support of household products. You will introduce engineering changes, design new parts, and modify existing parts in SolidWorks 3D-CAD. The MDE serves as a technical resource for all departments. You will manage the entire R&D process with vendors from concept until the series release. You will interact with external development companies and vendors, as well as implement quality improvement and cost reduction projects.
We are looking for a qualified individual who will thrive in an agile, dynamic, and fast-paced environment. He/she will also value our commitment to authenticity, openness, trust, future orientation, initiative, determination, and diversity.
- Must be experienced in the design of injection molded and blow molded plastic components.
- Close coordination with quality and manufacturing engineering for resolution of production topics.
- Participation in multi-disciplinary teams for root cause analysis.
- Prepare test plan for component release and analyze results.
- Lead engineering change process for development changes.
- Coordinate local implementation of global platform changes.
- Prepare and present project status updates, proposals, etc.
- Design and implement solutions for cost reduction and/or quality improvements.
- Coordinate design and introduction of mechanical components.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years experience, but prefer 5-10 years' product development experience.
- Design experience with plastic parts and components (ABS, PP, etc.).
- High level of technical skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of 3D-CAD, common PC programs.
- Knowledge about manufacturing of plastic parts
- Ability to achieve successful and goal-oriented teamwork with the factory departments.
- Strong analytical capabilities to investigate and define problem cause.
- Knowledge of product development engineering, national and international standards.
- Knowledge of designing and testing mechanical components/systems.