Columbia, Maryland | Direct Hire
TriMech Services is an engineering resource provider specializing in the placement of qualified technical candidates for both temporary and direct hire opportunities. TriMech Services offers a unique approach to matching the specialized skill sets of our candidates to our clients engineering specific requirements.
Mechanical Designer Position Description:
• Prepare and update drawings and sketches under moderate supervision using CAD workstations and appropriate design criteria and technical manuals.
• Prepare and review tolerances stack-ups.
• Perform layouts and design work using supplied data and markups utilizing theoretical and practical engineering knowledge.
• Work closely with design engineers to ensure design control as well as coordination of designs.
• Work closely with fabrication engineers to ensure and optimize fabricability of designs, and to help resolve fabrication issues.
• Review drawings to ensure compliance with design and engineering requirements and ease of fabrication.
• Consult with engineering staff to ensure compliance with supplied design specifications.
• Ensure conformance to applicable standards and codes as well as company procedures and policies.
• Apply advanced techniques in CAD and standard design applications utilizing this CAD equipment.
• Apply Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing to designs and drawings.
Mechanical Designer Requirements:
- 6+ years of related experience.
- Associates degree may substitute for some of the years of work experience.
- Experience working in or with a mechanical fabrication shop.
- Proficiency with SolidWorks software;
- Proficiency with AutoCAD software;
- Proficiency with use of the ASME Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing standard.
- Knowledge/experience of fabrication shop tools, as well as fabrication and inspection techniques.
Mechanical Designer Preferred Experience:
• Knowledge of American Welding Society’ s standard “ Symbols for Welding, Brazing and Nondestructive Examination” (AWS A2.4).
• Experience with the development and design of new products.
• Experience with the design and/or fabrication of concrete structures (including rebar).
• Experience performing structural stress analyses.
• Experience working with a Product Data Management tool preferably EPDM.