Sumter, South Carolina | Direct Hire
TriMech Services is an engineering resource provider specializing in the placement of qualified technical candidates for both temporary and direct hire opportunities. TriMech Services offers a unique approach to matching the specialized skillsets of our candidates to our clients engineering specific requirements.
Our client operates a high-volume automated assembly and packaging operation for medical device products in Sumter, SC. This location makes many of the products used every day in hospitals, doctors offices, and other health organizations. This is an FDA regulated facility that utilizes GMP practices with a strong focus on safety and quality.
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for the implementation of project and process support activities toward attainment of departmental and plant goals. Primary focus in areas of capacity expansion, quality/waste improvement and cost improvement programs. Required to handle multiple assignments of varying scope and complexity.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of machine improvements and capital equipment project management activities
- Directs personnel in the troubleshooting and maintenance of cam driven mechanisms and pneumatic and hydraulic equipment used in the production process.
- Supports the plant manufacturing effort, with proven ability to identify problems and pursue plans toward their resolution. Specific focus will be in areas of improving upon chronic levels of quality, waste and equipment efficiencies.
- Ability to handle projects of a small to moderate scope. Will be required to handle several assignments (project & process duties) simultaneously.
- Establishes which elements comprising a job are suitable for in-house fabrication or revision and which items would be best contracted.
- Responsible for the recommendation of capital equipment or process modifications, their physical installation, debugging and associated training of production personnel.
- As required within the scope of his/her duty, be responsible for all associated documentation
- Directs the efforts of support personnel such as machinists and technicians, etc. in the modification, adjustment, removal and installation of new or existing equipment as required.
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in manufacturing
- Must have high-speed automated assembly experience.
- Must have a working knowledge of the following:
- synchronous and asynchronous assembly platforms
- cam-operated equipment
- servo controlled assembly and AutoCad
- Experience with Solidworks or other design software highly preferred.