Machine Controls Designer
Rock Hill, South Carolina | Direct Hire
Design and develop world class automation solutions. Contribute to development of machine concepts, design of control software, integration of software with electrical and mechanical systems, process development and machine installation at customer sites worldwide.
- Design and develop software programs (PLC and/or PC based) specific to customer and project requirements based on standard programming methods.
- Debug and commission control systems during the system integration stage and at the customer’ s site during installation.
- Select, test, and integrate hardware and software components such as robots, analog devices, motion controllers, sensors, vision systems, lasers, and other control related hardware.
- Work with other members of the control systems design project team and departments to continuously improve methods of integrating controls technology, with the goal being enhanced safety, enhanced functionality and reduced cost. Ensure that software design labor, schedule, and material budget does not exceed the project requirements.
- Work with project managers, customers, designers, toolmakers, and electricians to solve problems in order to provide the customer with a complete functional system.
- Provide thorough testing of machine functionality to verify that the software program meets the project requirements.
- Provide accurate documentation for each project.
- Inform and advise customer on solving technical problems.
- Provide customer with training specific to the project, such as, machine operation, programming principles, and program structure.
- Follow all procedures and work instructions as defined in the ISO 9001 Quality Management System.
Education and Experience (5 Must Haves)
- OEM experience (Most Important)
- Five years’ experience as a Software Designer
- PLC programming of Rockwell, HMI
- BS Degree in engineering or equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience within automated processes in the industrial, medical equipment, custom machinery, or Automotive fields
Travel is required to customer sites as deemed necessary dependent on the project scope.
Health, Safety and Environmental Responsibilities
Employee responsibilities for Health, Safety and Environment include:
- Work in compliance with divisional health, safety and environmental procedures.
- Refrain from removing or altering safety devices or guarding unless hazardous energies are controlled through lockout-tag out (LOTO) methods.
- Report any unsafe conditions or unsafe acts to your manager.
- Report defect in any equipment or protective device to your manager.
- Ensure that the required protective equipment is used for the assigned tasks.
- Attend all required health, safety and environmental training.
- Report any accidents/incidents to your manager.
- Assist in investigating accidents/incidents.
- Refrain from engaging in any prank, contest, feat of strength, unnecessary running or rough and boisterous conduct.
Nice to Haves
- RFDI, Analogue exp, vision based systems
- Abilities in 2 of the three (Allen Bradley, Siemens, Rockwell,) PLC programming languages as client sites will vary [Rockwell preferred]