Engineering Project Technician
Southampton, Pennsylvania | Direct Hire
TriMech Services is an engineering resource provider specializing in the placement of qualified technical candidates for both temporary and direct hire opportunities. TriMech Services offers a unique approach to matching the specialized skillsets of our candidates to the engineering specific industry.
Our Client' s positions offer a competitive compensation plan, with excellent benefits, including gainshare (discretionary bonus based on profits), medical, dental, life & disability insurance, tuition reimbursement program, paid time off and paid holidays, and retirement benefits that include a 401k with both employer matching and employer profit sharing contribution, and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
Teamwork is an integral part of what makes this group successful. We work together to provide our customers with the information, products, and services they need, in the professional manner that they expect and deserve.
We also place a strong emphasis on family, honesty, hard work, & having fun. Opportunities are made available for professional development and personal growth, through seminars and a tuition reimbursement program.
This is a great opportunity to make a difference within our organization.Our client offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, the best retirement package in the industry, and employee-ownership. Our company truly appreciates its team members and has grown cautiously to avoid personnel cutbacks.
Be part of a growing DYNAMIC COMPANY with over 60 years of quality service and an industry leader in state of the art technology. Come work with us!
The Engineering Project Technician helps the Engineering Project group by manufacturing prototypes, samples, and small orders for key projects and customers. The Engineering Project Technician may also assist the Project Engineering group in the test lab or in other areas as needed.
While working in the manufacturing environment, this position will only complete work orders that are considered prototypes or samples. The Engineering Project Technician will be required to perform multiple mold shop activities relating to a work order, including but not limited to operating silicone and AdvantaFlex presses to create overmolded junctions and Bioclosures, coring of stoppers, and general assembly of Silicone and AdvantaFlex assemblies per part drawings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manufacture Prototypes/Samples/Test Parts per product drawings as instructed by the Engineering Team. In order to do this, training to several manufacturing processes will be required. These activities include, but are not limited to:
- Operating TPE and Silicone Injection Molding Machines (includes set-up and clean-up)
- Assembling, cleaning and Packaging parts and manifolds in the Silicone and AdvantaFlex Mold Shops and Bioclosure
- Working with Project Engineers to assemble products and prototypes
- Producing AdvantaLabels
- Changing 5 Gallon Pumps on injection molding machines
- Cleaning and housekeeping in the cleanroom
- Assisting Test Engineer in the test lab with various tasks as needed – included but not limited to:
- Assist Test Engineer in the upkeep of test material inventory including tubing, hose, fittings and crimping consumables.
- Execute test protocols and processes at the request of the Test Engineer
- Handle the shipping and receiving of certain test equipment and measurement tools as it needs to be shipped to third party calibration services.
- Process incoming quote drawings, create connections list and procure materials to reduce lead times in the testing process.
- Work as a team player with all team members, vendors and external customers.
- Daily team work and collaboration with other departments is expected, especially with the operations department and other mold shop employees and supervisors.
- Daily communication with the Project Engineering department relating to quality of prototypes/samples, recommendations for improvement, etc.
TOP 5 MUST HAVES
- 1 Candidates must be willing to learn, take training, and take criticism
- 2 High School Diploma or GED
- 3 Candidates must be tobacco free
- 4 Assembly or Manufacturing experience necessary/ Mechanically inclined
- 5 Good communicator and dependable
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Experience with plastics and/or silicone extrusion/molding is a plus
- Experience building components or products from 2D drawings and work instructions a plus
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Flexibility and Punctuality are crucial
- Ability to balance several orders / project tasks and meeting set deadlines by the Project Engineering Group. Excellent multi-tasking, problem-solving, and communication skills are a must
- Good understanding of mechanical aspects of manufacturing processes
- Motivated self-starter with ability to work independently once trained in a process
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy, flexibility, and a positive attitude in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- High level of organization and structure of work-related tasks
- Experience with Microsoft Word and/or Microsoft Excel is a plus
- Mechanical aptitude, ability to identify and address mechanical problems
- Ability to read mechanical drawings, work instructions and quality standard procedures
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, work instruction, standard manufacturing procedure forms, drawings, and procedure manuals. One should be able to speak effectively and proficiently to fellow employees in English.
- Must possess basic math skills. Must be able to work with fractions and decimals. Should be able to measure effectively utilizing a variety of measurement tools.
- Ability to solve practical problems. Ability to interpret drawings and work instructions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel: reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. Operating the press requires that the team member pulls inserts from over-molded connections through silicone tubing (length of tubing typically does not exceed 48”) 3 to 6 times every 15 to 20 minutes. The employee must occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.