Huntsville, Alabama | Direct Hire
TriMech Services is an engineering resource provider specializing in the placement of qualified technical candidates for both temporary and direct hire opportunities. TriMech Services offers a unique approach to matching the specialized skillsets of our candidates to the engineering specific industry.
Qualified Engineering Manager candidates will be responsible for building and executing growth for the Design Engineering team. Ideal candidates will be able to ensure effective product development and quality standards are met and maintained.
** Prefer candidates who have a strong Product Design background and Leadership in this area.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Technical responsibilities include providing technical leadership, development and enforcement of engineering process/standards, systems/subsystems, and participating in technical design reviews
- Coordinates the total engineering focus of the Product Design and Development groups
- Develops and directs procedures and methods to ensure quality standards are met and maintained.
- Responsible to assure that Engineering outputs meet the input requirements of the customer.
- Manages design guidelines and operating procedures for engineering products and services to ensure compliance with Quality Management System.
- Guides development of conceptual information into new products and improvement of existing products
- Develops and executes project plans and proposal(s), participants in development and submission of government contracts bid proposals
- Administrative duties - Budgeting, spending control, salary/performance reviews, capital planning
- Ensures current and accurate costing in conjunction with Finance
- Oversees and manages the bill of materials (BOM)
- Recommends methods, material and layouts from improvement based on manufacturing needs and capabilities
- Provides engineering expertise in the areas of tooling, prints, specifications, product maintenance, raw materials and vended products throughout the organization.
- Reviews and approves Engineering and Manufacturing drawings. May initiate, review, and approve Engineering Change Orders.
- Supports other projects and performs duties as assigned
Education: Minimum of Bachelor’ s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or related field
Minimum 7 years engineering experience required, supervisory/management experience required, Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma techniques preferred, prior government/Defense contracting experience is a plus