Richmond, Virginia | Direct Hire
TriMech Services is an engineering resource provider specializing in the placement of qualified technical candidates for both temporary and direct hire opportunities. TriMech Services offers a unique approach to matching the specialized skillsets of our candidates to our clients engineering specific requirements.
Electrical Engineer Description:
Our client, a leader in the power distribution market, is seeking an electrical engineer to join their rapidly expanding engineering team. Typical responsibilities include design of low voltage switchgear assemblies and systems in compliance with IEEE/ANSI, IEC, UL, and NEC/NFPA 70E standards. Additional responsibilities include initial quotation technical support, customer interaction and correspondence, generation of Bill of Materials (BOMs), production & drawing/instruction packages, factory/on-site acceptance test plans, Operation & Maintenance manuals, submittals/deliverables & project close-out, and final job cost analysis.
Electrical Engineer Requirements:
· 3-5 years designing of low voltage switchgear assemblies and systems
· Experience with Cad tools similar to Solidworks.
· Proficient with Promise.e Select Series 7 & various MS Office applications.
· Demonstrated experience in the design of electrical enclosures, bus structure systems for electrical power distribution, electrical design and components for power distribution in accordance with UL Standards: UL67 Panelboards, UL1008 Transfer Switch Equipment, UL60950 Information Technology Equipment, UL 891 Switchboards, UL 1558 Metal-Enclosed Low-Voltage Power Circuit Breaker Switchgear as applicable.
· Design experience focused on system reliability, availability, maintainability & design for manufacturing & assembly.
· Experience designing power monitoring systems using intelligent power meters and associated equipment such as smart breakers and HMIs.
· Familiarity with the software development process (design, build, deploy).
· HMI programming knowledge using design tools such as Vijeo Designer and SoMachine.
· Experience with Modbus and other industrial and/or building automation communications protocols.
· Ability to troubleshoot circuit issues using multimeters and oscilloscopes.
Electrical Engineer Demonstrated ability to:
• Analyze and interpret engineering documents, codes and standards, technical procedures
• Compose and write reports, business correspondence, and contextualize engineering deliverables
• Effectively present information & respond to questions from groups of managers, & customers
• Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions