Electrical Engineer - Software Design
Roanoke, Virginia | Direct Hire
TriMech Services is an engineering resource provider specializing in the placement of qualified technical candidates for both temporary and direct hire opportunities. TriMech Services offers a unique approach to matching the specialized skillsets of our candidates to our clients engineering specific requirements.
Electrical Engineer Software Design Responsibilities:
- Participate in developing innovative, market-leading electro-mechanical products as part of a cross-functional project team.
- Develop embedded software for systems that meet design requirements of customers and industry standards.
- Establish software design and test requirement specifications and conduct verification testing during development.
- Define prototype and production test requirements and assist in qualification of test equipment during commercialization.
- Conduct validation testing to ensure product performance meets the intended purpose.
- Prepare asset monitoring equipment for gathering field test data and evaluate field data to improve design and reliability.
- Write engineering test reports to document results and recommend future actions.
- Contribute to project design reviews, schedules and budgets, and deliver engineering work to established plans.
- Conduct software DFMEA’ s to ensure quality, reliability and safety of new and existing products.
Electrical Engineer Software Design Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree – Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with bare metal embedded C programming of Microchip PIC devices (dsPIC using MPLABX)
- Familiarity with state machine software architectures, interrupt service routines, and Microchip Ethernet stack
- Ability to generate security and password access routines and Ethernet communication protocols
- Digital and Analog peripheral hardware interface experience (SPI, I2C, UART, Digital I/O, PWM, timers)
- Code development for configuring/Interfacing with real time clocks, Ethernet PHY chips, external memory, and specialty sensors
- Ability to reduce complex mathematical equations to efficiently fit/run on 16-bit processors
- Maintenance of local GIT repositories for embedded production software
- Use of multi-channel oscilloscope to trouble-shoot local connectivity and communications issues
- Labview application development experience - desirable
- Familiarity with Visual Basic, Windows XP and Windows 7 embedded software - desirable