Browns Summit, North Carolina | Contract
TriMech Services is an engineering resource provider specializing in the placement of qualified technical candidates for both temporary and direct hire opportunities. TriMech Services offers a unique approach to matching the specialized skillsets of our candidates to the engineering specific industry.
Design electrical systems and panel layouts, specify electrical components and assist engineers with project-related research. Prepare and release construction drawings for electrical shop and complete final documentation for customer release.
- Design control systems in-line with project budgets, schedules and customer requirements with input from electrical engineers. Project design includes material specification and procurement, panel and machine layouts and schematics. Expertise in current electrical standards and best practices with regard to meeting established quality, performance and safety requirements.
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable electrical and safety design standards, e.g. NEC and NFPA 79. Maintain current knowledge of electrical CAD software, preferably SolidWorks Electrical. Knowledge of AutoCAD is also preferred.
- Maintains positive customer, peer and vendor relations.
- Demonstrates technical competence in electrical design and electrical CAD software.
- Exhibits a positive and proactive attitude.
Minimum Years of Experience Required:
- Associate Degree or related experience
- 5-10 years' electrical design experience, and
- 5-10 years' AutoCAD experience
Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Organizational Skills, Decision-making, Analytical thinking, and Problem-solving.
- Reporting Skills/Project Updates
- PC Skills – MS Office
- Technical Functional Knowledge – Electrical Control Systems, Packaging, Assembly & Process Machinery
- Industry Product Knowledge
- Design Standards Knowledge – NFPA, NEMA, CE, ISO, etc.
- SolidWorks Electrical preferably. AutoCAD Electrical will be considered.