Electrical Design Engineer
Nashville, Tennessee | Direct Hire
TriMech Services is an engineering resource provider specializing in the placement of qualified technical candidates for both temporary and direct hire opportunities. TriMech Services offers a unique approach to matching the specialized skillsets of our candidates to the engineering specific industry.
Electrical Design Engineer opportunity with one of our Nashville TN offices.
This role will support the design of small electronic robotic devices . This position will be responsible to assist with the design and troubleshooting of electro-mechanical small electronic motion systems (to include PLC controllers, cable harness, panel design, schematics, etc.
- Define key control/automation components
- Coordinate with peers in other engineering groups to ensure that the design criteria is synchronized within all disciplines (Mechanical, Software, Process) to meet the requirements
- Handling any motion control and control system issues
- Define control requirement by working with System Engineer
- Providing AutoCAD Electrical or SolidWorks Electrical help on electrical team when necessary to continue the CAD design including schematic and cable assembly
- Ensure all design to meet the applicable Safety Standards
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’ s Degree and/or a minimum of 5-7 years relevant experience or a combination of education and experience ( small electronics or robotics experience is preferred)
- Proficient in AutoCAD Electrical and/or SolidWorks Electrical
- Automation/Control system electrical design engineer with Robotics and Electronics background
- Proficient in designing layouts, 2D Schematics, drawings
- Experience with PLC controllers (Allen Bradley preferred)