Document Control Specialist
MIdway, Georgia | Contract
TriMech Services is an engineering resource provider specializing in the placement of qualified technical candidates for both temporary and direct hire opportunities. TriMech Services offers a unique approach to matching the specialized skillsets of our candidates to the engineering specific industry.
TriMech is seeking entry level or qualified engineering specialist for document control. This is an entry level position and will offer you the opportunity to expand your knowledge of design techniques, tools, and fundamentals involved in production of engineering design packages
** This is a long term Contract Opportunity with possible hire.
Preferred experience with AutoCAD, AutoCAD Plant 3D, SolidWorks or Inventor. Experience with Document management software such as EPDM, Vault. This person should be familiar with engineering and design fundamentals and general document control process.
- Manage project files and documents lists in EPDM based document control system.
- Responsible for understanding and using client customer’ s document control systems and taking the initiative to explain protocol and inform other department.
- Working with, Engineers, and Project Managers to assemble technical document packages, including P&IDs, general arrangement drawings, and manufacturer specification sheets
- Create, review and update required submittal documentation for all technical document packages
- Work with internal/external customers and vendors to ensure all drawings and submittal packages are accurate and complete per requested design criteria
- Maintain records and revision history, including the release and update of all engineering documents, work instructions and other paper or electronic documents.
- Great organization skills
- Contributing team member with good interpersonal communication (verbal and written), with an emphasis on patience.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, mechanical design, and technical document administration
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Basic knowledge of standard computer drafting tools (i.e. AutoCAD, SolidWorks) and a basic understating of project management processes.