Director of R&D
Cairo, Georgia | Direct Hire
TriMech Services is an engineering resource provider specializing in the placement of qualified technical candidates for both temporary and direct hire opportunities. TriMech Services offers a unique approach to matching the specialized skillsets of our candidates to our clients engineering specific requirements.
We are currently seeking a Director of R&D/Engineering for one our offices near Memphis, TN.
This position will manage the Engineering, R&D, Quality Control and Testing teams to deploying industry-leading, innovative products.
- Lead the R&D and Engineering teams specialty product lines
- Develop, direct and insure proper Testing Procedures are implemented and consistent with delivering the highest quality products
- Assure innovation and competitiveness of products and services through identification, development and deployment of effective technologies for market launch.
- Develop annual business plan, forecast, and budget for the Innovation and R&D organization to ensure delivery of initiatives aligned with company' s overall strategic plan and annual budget.
- Actively collaborate with new product engineering, operations and product management to ensure alignment of critical priorities and effective execution.
- Provide leadership and direction to the R&D and Innovation teams, including development and oversight of annual budgets, schedules and objectives, and execution of company' s talent management processes.
- Proactively support the development of organization' s knowledge & skill base through: identifying development needs of current staff, defining critical skills & knowledge requirements, supporting staff to develop in line with these needs, and collaborating with human resources leadership to recruit external talent needed to meet our critical needs.
- As a key team member, provide input into our annual strategic planning process, product and technology roadmaps, and engineering initiatives.
- In addition, the position will be expected to constantly demonstrate the company values as he/she mentors the existing organization and grows our R&D and Innovation functions to become world-class
- Requires a minimum of a Bachelor’ s degree preferably in an Engineering discipline.
- 5-7+ years' experience managing an Engineering team that delivers high levels of engineering support to a demanding and ever-changing product-driver business.