Director of Manufacturing
Winchester, Virginia | Direct Hire
TriMech Services is an engineering resource provider specializing in the placement of qualified technical candidates for both temporary and direct hire opportunities. TriMech Services offers a unique approach to matching the specialized skillsets of our candidates to our clients engineering specific requirements.
Director of Manufacturing Responsibilities:
• Provide management leadership and strategic direction to the Manufacturing organization to assure compliance with established policies and procedures, attainment of divisional and Company goals and the development and retention of a highly skilled, motivated workforce.
• Reviews production schedules and directs adjustments based on the availability of personnel, equipment and materials. Ensures appropriate personnel are aware of production shortfalls, delays or interruptions that impact the on-time delivery of company products.
• On an on-going basis, monitors all aspects of plant operations to identify cost saving strategies. Identifies targeted savings figures and manages operations to meet or exceed desired goals.
• Works with process engineering, quality assurance and maintenance to implement product and process changes. Establishes measurement standards and continually monitors performance to determine the effective or need for change.
• Oversee Maintenance and Utilities efforts.
• Interfaces with other Company Manufacturing organizations, Engineering, Quality, Purchasing, Product Development and Sales to facilitate the exchange of information and improve the efficiency of operations.
• Develop and present for approval staffing plans, operating and capital expenditure budgets and other required reports that detail the operation of the manufacturing facility. Operates the facility within the constraints imposed by the approved plans and notifies senior management of major deviations.
• Encourages the development of a work environment in which managers work collaboratively with the manufacturing staff and workers to introduce change, resolve problems and develop policies and procedures the promote efficient, safe operations.
• Interprets and applies Human Resources policies to resolve problems, and to hire, train, motivate, reward, discipline and terminate assigned personnel. Participates as a member of the HR Committee assisting the development of new or in the modification of existing policies and procedures.
Director of Manufacturing Requirements:
Bachelor’ s degree is a MUST
7+ years of manufacturing management experience.
5+ years of experience in a chemical and or plastics environment.
An advanced knowledge of Manufacturing management.
Some travel will be required.