Design Engineer - Mechanical
Blacksburg, Virginia | Direct Hire
TriMech Services is an engineering resource provider specializing in the placement of qualified technical candidates for both temporary and direct hire opportunities. TriMech Services offers a unique approach to matching the specialized skillsets of our candidates to the engineering specific industry.
Mechanical Design Engineer Description:
- Design mechanical assemblies for automated packaging machinery.
- Create detailed drawings for production/fabrication.
- Proficient modeling parts and assemblies in Inventor.
- Work with customers and suppliers to determine line layouts and most efficient installation.
- Expedite drawings and commercial parts that are required for machine assembly. Work closely with suppliers to insure timely delivery parts.
- Design tooling assemblies for packaging equipment and robotics.
- Work with manufacturing during the machine set up and testing period to confirm proper machine functions. Update drawings as necessary to maintain accurate design and revision files.
Mechanical Design Engineer Education and Experience:
- B.S. Degree Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5 + years experience designing automated equipment, preferably in the packaging machinery industry
- Strong mechanical design background required, assemblies and sheet metal.