Design Drafting Supervisor
Staunton, Virginia | Direct Hire
TriMech Services is an engineering resource provider specializing in the placement of qualified technical candidates for both temporary and direct hire opportunities. TriMech Services offers a unique approach to matching the specialized skillsets of our candidates to the engineering specific industry.
Design Drafting Supervisor Job Summary:
The Design Drafting Supervisor will provide direction in Solidworks use and optimization, oversee and implement process improvements, review and suggest design improvements, prepare & enforce design standards, and set department priorities. Work with peers to develop best practices managing the overall need to the company. Responsibilities will include properly scheduling manpower to meet engineering and production requirements, coordination of drafting resources to complete projects, review manpower needs, and will be responsible for the quality and accuracy of deliverables produced by the his/her staff.
Design Drafting Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Providing overall direction and planning of product and development drafting responsibilities that may include but not limited to Agile, ETO2000, Rule-Stream, SolidWorks, Promise-E or any other supporting software package
- Will Supervise/Manage a group of 15-20 Drafters, need to have experience managing a good size group.
- Work with peers to develop and implement any system related procedures, policies, and standards that support the needs of the business.
- Supporting and coordinating with other engineering disciplines as needed regarding deadlines and submittals,
- Provide technical support and over sight on projects, including assisting with project management responsibilities as needed.
- Provide over sight and guidance of staff through production/development processes to ensure projects and tasks are completed on time and within budgeted man-hours,
- Ensure the review and verifing of all work ensuring compliance to all standards and procedures related to the delivering of technical information to support a customer/product specifications,
- Serving as a mentor and team leader to not only staff but to all requiring support.
- Delegating, supervising, scheduling and reviewing responsibilities of all Drafting staff.
- Scheduling Drafting Services by balancing customer needs with labor availability.
- Working with other Supervisors/ manager of design and drafting resources to best balance the needs of all
- Conducting annual performance evaluations for all Drafting Services staff.
- Performing time card review and requests for time off for Drafting Services staff.
- Creating and managing a career development path for designers
- Determine and set for training requirements for each designer with in CAD Training Software
- Maintenance of process documentation and making improvements & changes as necessary to ensure quality and efficiency of the process
- Daily progression and movement of individual engineering changes through the signoff, review, and release process.
Design Drafting Supervisor Education and Experience requirements:
- A good working knowledge of 3D drafting techniques, including a STRONG understanding of SolidWorks, and familiar with industry best practices for design of industrial and fabrication applications
- Must exhibit a high-level of professionalism, integrity, and be willing and able to maintain a positive and professional demeanor
- This position may require up to 10% of time as domestic travel.
- Associate' s degree from an accredited two-year college or technical school in a relevant discipline
- 15+ years of experience working in the development/ production drafting environment, minimum of 3 – 5 years must have been in a supervisory role