New Bern, North Carolina | Direct Hire
TriMech Services is an engineering resource provider specializing in the placement of qualified technical candidates for both temporary and direct hire opportunities. TriMech Services offers a unique approach to matching the specialized skillsets of our candidates to the engineering specific industry.
ELECTRICAL CONTROLS ENGINEER
Develop, manage and support the improvement of processes and products through the implementation of new standards that are lead with automation and connected solutions. Partner with other members of the ME team or to drive improvements in process or facility performance in the areas of productivity, quality, and capacity.
- Standardization of electric controls for process and factory equipment – Develop and maintain equipment standards in terms of cost, availability, process safety, reliability, ease of use and ability to repair equipment.
- Planning and acquisition of equipment - Responsible for the electro-mechanical and electrical parts of the equipment through coordinated planning, design review, acquisition, and implementation of production equipment concept development and assessment. Including examination, comparison and determination of the components and technologies implemented.
- Optimization of systems and processes - Incorporate optimization of existing automation systems and production equipment with the aim of increasing process safety, machine availability or further developments. Analyze existing machines, define improvement measures and coordinate the implementation.
- Support of the maintenance departments – Offer expert advice and support Electronic and Maintenance Technicians in problem situations with the aim of returning process equipment back into production while producing the highest quality product.
- Document management - Archiving and maintaining of the technical documentation with the appropriate software and ensure that the manufacturing facilities and electrical maintenance groups have the updated documents and programs available at all time.
- Planning and implementation of modifications with fabrication equipment in coordination with the concerned departments and contractors.
- Preparation of maintenance work to increase the service life of equipment and devices.
- Assisting the planning departments in improving the maintainability of new machines
- Travel to equipment supplier during pre-acceptance runoffs and participate in handover activities of equipment to the end-user department.
- Study and understand product requirements and how the electrical design of machinery can help to meet those requirements. Implement control changes where needed to meet these requirements.
- Leads as the project manager for automation and connectivity of shop floor data (IIoT) acquisition.
- Build the interface of machine and production areas into the MES and Enterprise System infrastructure.
- Layout HMI panels with integrators to determine proper configuration for all machine functions and ensure the equipment interface is user-friendly.
- Level III – Drives all aspects of the design, construction, programming and commissioning of automation projects within the factory production processes.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years, preferably 5+ years' in manufacturing (discrete manufacturing environment preferred).
- Engineering studies, subject area Electrical engineering or comparable education
- Project Mangement experience
- Siemens Totally Integrated Automation
- AutoCAD (basic skills)
- Industrial robotic programming skills
- Frequency converter