Continuous Improvement Manager
Allentown Area, Pennsylvania | Direct Hire
TriMech Services is an engineering resource provider specializing in the placement of qualified technical candidates for both temporary and direct hire opportunities. TriMech Services offers a unique approach to matching the specialized skillsets of our candidates to the engineering specific industry.
Continuous Improvement Manager Summary:
As the Continuous Improvement Manager you will be responsible for using your expertise to deploy and sustain an enterprise wide Lean and Continuous Improvement program, building employee engagement and developing our CI culture.
Continuous Improvement Manager Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Work with the (ET) Executive Team, (SLT) Senior Leadership Team and employee base to identify and assess opportunities for improvement driven from our A3 strategy deployment and other business imperatives.
- Participate in the development of high performance work systems building a robust employee engagement process through our suggestion system, Kaizen teams, safety initiatives and other engagement programs.
- With the Director Global Engineering, lead CI deployment across global operations located in China, Brazil, Mexico, Caribbean, and Pennsylvania. Will also coordinate and collaborate with peer CI Mgr. in our Slovenian operations.
- Will be responsible for monthly auditing and reporting of Gainsharing Process Improvement suggestions (GPI), 6S, Standard Work and TPM deployment through established performance tracking tools.
- Train, coach and facilitate the organization by providing curriculum development, training, and toolkits to sustain our CI effort. Develop a train-the-trainer process so an ever-growing cadre of employees can assist in providing support on our CI journey. Will support the full suite of Lean/CI tools and methodologies such as 6S, Visual Management, Kanban, VSM, A3, Flow, Small Group Problem Solving, Standard Work, TPM, Kaizen Events, Office Lean, Cellular Mfg., etc.
- Coordinating with HR team to develop annual training budgets and curriculum development.
- Work with Supply Chain to bring Lean/CI to our supply base to increase our overall competitiveness.
Continuous Improvement Manager Education and Experience:
- BS or BA in a technical discipline, related field, or equivalent and a minimum 10 years’ experience, Black Belt or Lean Certification preferred.
- Demonstrated mastery of Lean / Six Sigma tools, business process improvement and techniques in team-based problem solving. Will need to show that they have gone through at least 1-2 Lean transformations.
- Training and facilitation background with strong organizational and relationship management skills.
- Work experience in low volume, high mix manufacturing environment a plus.
- Excellent planning, decision making and leadership skills.
- Outstanding people skills, with the specific ability to interact as a lead player at all levels in the organization.
- In-depth computer skills: MS Office software – WORD, EXCEL, ACCESS & PROJECT.
- Strong analytical skills, data management & report development experience.
- Experience with Lean networks and organizations such as AME Association for Manufacturing Excellence.
Continuous Improvement Manager Leadership Behaviors: Must be able to discuss and demonstrate how these characteristics apply to themselves and their career experience.
We deliver with integrity, respect and passion in our dealings with our customers, co-workers & community.co
Consistently acts and communicates in ways that model our values, demonstrate fairness and ethics in everyday words and actions with our Customers, Co-workers and Community.
Creates Vision & Inspires Others
Challenges and pushes the organization to consistently improve and grow. Connects work to future business direction, builds commitment and creates enthusiasm in a way that supports each person to excel.
Communicates with Impact
Creates an environment in which people communicate honestly and openly. Seeks multiple perspectives and listens openly to others’ point of view.
Fosters Teamwork & Collaboration
Promotes working and collaborating across the organization to achieve common goals. Takes initiative and inspires others to do the same, shares knowledge and bring one’ s best contributions and positive energy to the organization every day.
Champion’ s new ideas and initiatives focused on customer and industry needs. Is open to and creates an environment that supports change and innovation.
Drives Continuous Improvement
Seeks opportunities to improve current processes, systems and methods to improve reliability, quality, cost effectiveness and efficiency of output.
Challenges the Status Quo
Has a healthy dissatisfaction for the status quo and an strong desire for excellence, acts quickly and decisively. Perseveres in the face of obstacles. Has the courage to address difficult issues in the face of potential opposition.
Adapts and Learns
Works effectively in the face of ambiguity, shifting priorities and rapid change while actively developing one’ s skills and abilities. Actively seeks and identifies current or new growth assignments to contribute to and achieve goals.
Coaches and Develops - Self and Others
Personally learns from experience and applies that knowledge. Actively pursues self-development & feedback. Provides feedback to others to encourage and inspire the development of work-related skills and knowledge and to support co-worker advancement.
Thinks The Business
Has a broad and deep understanding of our business or work area and applies that knowledge effectively to set direction or plan actions to ensure results meet the business objectives. Uses best practices but applies to fit our culture and environment.
Focuses on the Customer
Demonstrates a personal commitment to identify customers' apparent and underlying needs and continually seeks to provide the highest quality service and product to all customers.
Gets It Done
Creates a sense of urgency for the achievement and uses appropriate balance of analysis, tools and processes that leads to timely decision making and outstanding implementation.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’ s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Additionally, this job description reflects management’ s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.