Fort Lawn, South Carolina | Contract
TriMech Services is an engineering resource provider specializing in the placement of qualified technical candidates for both temporary and direct hire opportunities. TriMech Services offers a unique approach to matching the specialized skillsets of our candidates to the engineering specific industry.
Trimech is looking for a SolidWorks technician with proficiency in Computer Aided Design software, preferably SolidWorks and AutoCAD. AutoCAD experience is a must. Generate 3-Dimensional Models, General Arrangement drawings, detail drawings from 2D AutoCAD assemblies are also necessary. Familiar with machine design and a capability of interpreting existing detail drawings to develop SolidWorks models of that product. Passion for document control of electronic and hardcopy files. Motivated, self-starter with affinity for organization, time management and attention to detail. Must be comfortable with becoming the prototypical CAD Jockey as there is plenty of drawings on backlog.
- Have understanding of 2D drawing in AutoCAD
- Ability to comprehend BOM’ s and Machine Design assemblies
- Must be proficient with Routing and Circuit Works
- Handle all aspects of design drafter work.
- Assist drafting, manufacturing, quality, and planning as required to ensure production is completed in a timely manner.
- Design product to meet all requirements.
- Generating detail drawings in support of existing 2D drawings
- Ability to follow work flows and file management
- Must be able to work in local office
- 2 years experience in drafting or design role
- experience working with small assemblies and machine design
- experience with updating drawings – AutoCAD to SolidWorks
- taking existing circuit board drawings and taking them into SolidWorks via Circuit Works
- knowledge of how to archive drawings and then bring them back up
- experience with file management or ERP – PDM and work flows
- SolidWorks is a must
Top 5 Must Haves
- Knowledge of Solidworks Machine Design
- Understanding of Routing and ability to import circuit boards with Circuit Works
- Familiarity with bringing drawings from AutoCAD to SolidWorks
- Data/file management and ERP experience – PDM acceptable as well
- Complacency with sitting at desk and produce drawing after drawing (CAD Jockey)
Nice to have
- SWX certification
- Experience with Sheet metal or structural steel