Southampton, Pennsylvania | Direct Hire
TriMech Services is an engineering resource provider specializing in the placement of qualified technical candidates for both temporary and direct hire opportunities. TriMech Services offers a unique approach to matching the specialized skillsets of our candidates to the engineering specific industry.
Our client' s positions offer a competitive compensation plan, with excellent benefits, including gainshare (discretionary bonus based on profits), medical, dental, life & disability insurance, tuition reimbursement program, paid time off and paid holidays, and retirement benefits that include a 401k with both employer matching and employer profit sharing contribution, and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
Teamwork is an integral part of what makes our client successful. We work together to provide our customers with the information, products, and services they need, in the professional manner that they expect and deserve.
We also place a strong emphasis on family, honesty, hard work, & having fun. Opportunities are made available for professional development and personal growth, through seminars and a tuition reimbursement program.
This is a great opportunity to make a difference within our organization. Our clietn offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, the best retirement package in the industry, and employee-ownership. Our company truly appreciates its team members and has grown cautiously to avoid personnel cutbacks.
Be part of a growing DYNAMIC COMPANY with over 60 years of quality service and an industry leader in state of the art technology. Come work with us!
The Drafting Associate helps the Engineering Process group by supplying product and assembly drawing support. This position will also execute other Engineering Process tasks such as costing of components and assemblies and leading DCR efforts for the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare fully dimensioned and tolerance assembly drawings, component drawing, layouts and bills of materials in accordance with NewAge standard drawing practices
- Provides assistance and back-up to Mechanical Draftsman including review of drawings for accuracy
- Support of PDM system including execution of PDM processes and identification of improvements in PDM and company processes
- Manage and facilitate changes through the Document Change Request (DCR) system
- Support other departments through DCR process to maintain timely completion of tasks assigned
- Execute product quotations utilizing established cost models
- Assists with cost modeling development and improvement
- Work as a team player with all team members, vendors and external customers
- Daily team work and collaboration with other departments is expected
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Associates degree or technical certificate in drafting, design or similar discipline preferred.
- 1-3 years’ experience creating and approving mechanical drawings in a business environment preferred
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Motivated self-starter with ability to work independently once trained in a process
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid problem solving abilities
- Knowledge of CAD software (AutoCAD)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
TOP 5 MUST HAVES
- 1 AutoCAD Experience
- 2 High School Diploma or GED
- 3 Candidates must be tobacco Free
- 4 Knowledge of MS Office
- 5 Motivated self starter
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- High level of organization and structure of work-related tasks
- Mechanical aptitude, ability to identify and address mechanical problems
- Ability to read mechanical drawings, work instructions and quality standard procedures
- Must possess basic math skills. Must be able to work with fractions and decimals. Should be able to measure effectively utilizing a variety of measurement tools.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel: reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk as well as sit for long periods
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.